I'm thinking long-term and with GM Stories around 1-3 Steps, I worry that continuing to give out 1 and 2-pt Rewards may result in all Heros becoming homogenized in that everyone will have all Skills at Rank 1 and all 1-pt Advantages, even if they don't 'want' them. I've had some players tell me that there are skills they don't want to have any Ranks in and not everyone needs/wants to be a Linguist or Able Drinker.
That said, I was wondering if anyone has thought of alternate GM Story Rewards that don't involved XP?
Some examples I've used in the past for other games, including 7th Sea 1st...(A lot of these are 'limited' Advantages or similar)
1) [Good / Bad] Reputation with [Town / Individual / Group]: Gain (or Lose) 1 Dice from all Social Risks when dealing with the affected NPCs
2) Local Heroes with [Town / Individual / Group]: When purchasing items from the affected NPCs, you are treated as having +1 Wealth to spend each Game Session
3) Local Reputation with [Town / Individual / Group]: You are considered to have the reputation [Reputation] when dealing with the affected NPCs
4) Informant [Name]: This person will often have information that is useful if you can locate them and pay them appropriately
5) Confidante [Name]: This person can accomplish a single task for you if you are in the same location but will not put themselves at risk
6) Ally [Name]: This person can accomplish a single task for you if you are in the same location, including putting themselves in harm's way. They may also come to you if requested.
Any thoughts or have others done this?