[REGISTER] or [LOGIN] to browse without adverts

1 post / 0 new
Seventh Sea
Seventh Sea's picture
Kickstarter 105 - Secret Societies PDF Available
kickstarter, secret societies, pdf

QUOTE: John Wick (published 2020-08-20 (Thursday)

I'm happy to announce that tomorrow, we are releasing the PDF for Secret Societies via Backerkit. You'll be able to download the PDF and enjoy the content. We're one book closer to finishing up the project!

A couple of notes on the book.

First, it is loaded with text. There are a handful of NPCs for each Society, each with rich backgrounds and adventure hooks. However, when you read each NPC, you'll notice that with a little nudge, each one could be either a Hero or a Villain. This is intentional. We didn't include stats for the NPCs, keeping them a mystery for the players. Yes, you can read about them, but you'll never know if the person you're talking to is a Hero or a Villain. Enjoy the ambiguity!

Second, there is also a ton of encoded text. Each Secret Society uses its own unique cypher or code to communicate to their members. You're going to have a lot of fun figuring out those codes. (They start on the front cover!)

Third, after going over the sales figures and budgets for the books, Chaosium came to the conclusion that the art budget was for previous books was unrealistic. Because of that, this will be the first 7th Sea book to contain both color and grey scale art. On the other hand, because we're using grey scale, it means we can put in more art than before. I thought you should know before you see the book.

Lastly, Chaosium will be shipping all the remaining books together. That means you'll get Secret Societies, Cities of Faith and Wonder, and The Colonies all in one package. (Yes, that also includes maps.) This gives us time to look for errors, typos and other problems in the books before we ship. If you're wondering about the timeline for the last two books, I've got text in for both and art direction has already started for Cities. We're on a roll, and I expect you should see PDFs for both books by the end of next year.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.

Take care, stay safe, and I hope to see you again sometime in the future,

0 votes
+
Vote up!
-
Vote down!
share buttons